Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I've seen London, I've seen France...

I have actually seen both places now. Spent a day in Paris, a birthday pressie from my friend Jonathan, whilst recently in the UK. I climbed more steps than I care to remember and snapped a few photos at Notre Dame







A view from the top... or nearly the top... you know, if I hadn't been completely freaked by the last little bit, which involved a fucking WOODEN staircase. Yeah. Not gonna happen. Just as well, since my joints had really had it about 200 steps before the level I made it to. Damn Crohn's disease...



Rose Window from inside the cathedral

Here is an obligatory photo of the tower...

The lines were insane, and heights have historically proven not to be my friend, so I was quite happy to view it from the ground.



And here's a photo of me at the base of the tower, tulirific, isn't it?







Back in the UK my sister in law, Lucy and I took my nephew Ben to the Westmidland Safari Park. Fantastic. My husband brought me here on my first trip across the pond, and it was bittersweet, but mostly sweet going back.

For my knitty friends, I'll start with the lovely baby Llama...








And my favorite- the giraffe...

they're so lovely, so gentle, and goddamn! do they have some slobbery, sticky tongues. But it's worth the slime and thensome. Seriously.


She actually had her entire head in the car for a while. This freaked my nephew out, much like the llama in the car did. He did, however, ask repeatedly to open the windows and feed the lions. Rock. That kid has no fear.

Back to London proper... This is the groundhog puppet I travelled with, aka, Flat Phil. I miss furry Phil, my usual groundhog puppet companion. Um, yeah, don't ask. Covent Garden- I knit the scarf to go with the coral buttons on my white coat. What is the opposite of practical? Yeah, a white coat...






And Finally, Jonathan and I taking tea at the Ritz. I brought my camera, never thinking I'd actually take a photo. I mean, does one take a photo whilst taking tea at the Ritz? Surely not. Well, apparently I was wrong. Everyone was taking photos and I was SO glad I had the camera. So here's the photo. I also have a photo of the ladies room, for my mom. Ha. In case anyone wants to see it...

2 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

Very neat pictures! Hmmm wooden stairs not sure about those...YIKES! I did an animal safari thing like that last summer in Ohio.. On my bog July/AUg 05 can't remember..trapped by Bisons! I wanted to pluck them! lol Yeah nephew will have those memories for a lifetime I'm sure

8:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

The wooden stairs and joint pain were my downfall. Someday I'll go back, hopefully in a remission and beat those stairs once and for all!!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home