Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's A Day

Oi. Today is my anniversary. Or it would have been. Tough day today. Not the first, won't be the last, but it's not easy.

That aside, I'm having a horrid time trying to figure out what the hell I should knit for my One Skein SP. I have the yarn. I *thought* I knew what I was going to make her- she's such a cool chick. But I then realized the pattern I had in mind, the pattern I actually knitted twice, and frogged twice, is just a really craptastic pattern. Don't you hate it when that happens? The photo of it is this ubercool perfection of form a nd function, and you get so excited, but then soon realize that whatever the fuck they did to achieve the finished product shown in the pattern, it is NOT what is actually written as a pattern. It's probably her math homework from 5th grade, or some such shit. So I'm starting over.

And I'll be using WAAAAY more than one skein. Have to, I fear. And the thing is, I could make such a cool bag for her, and she loves bags, but this yarn is so beautiful, so expensive and so SOFT that it seems insane not to knit her something that would be on her skin. Right? Right. Must find new pattern. And it'll proabably end up being a scarf. Because I have 250 yards of a worsted and then some coordinating silk/mohair that I could also throw in there for some better texture. But then it's like, oh... yay... another fucking scarf...

Back to the pattern books...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home