Monday, July 17, 2006

Dreamswatch Headwrap Progress and a Crappy Tutorial

This is the dream swatch head wrap from knit and tonic the free pattern is available at the site, and there's a link on the sidebar to the right.







Slip 6 stitches, purlwise





Insert left needle into the bottom three stitches





Slip these bottom 3 stitches over the top three and onto the left needle






Now transfer the top three stitches over to the left needle, as well. You'll now purl them in the order they appear. This seems a little odd at first, because you're picking up yarn three stitches down to knit the first stitch with, but you get used to it. Purl them in the order they appear, as crossed, on your needle. Occasionally you'll purl two of them in the wrong order, but this doesn't really matter, the effect is essentially the same. Again, sorry for the slightly blurry pics, hard to take photos of myself knitting, but hopefully you can see enough.





On the needle in crossed order.





First three stitches purled.





First six stitches, purled in reverse order. Now you just repeat. Slip the next six stitches, cross, purl-- the weird thing with the yarn not being where it normally would be isn't an issue after the first set of crosses.




crosses, some look sloppier than others.





Alchemy bamboo in Early Fall. The colors weren't quite what I thought they'd be from the WEBS site, but they're still lovely.


Dreamswatch Detail progress



Hope this helps a bit! It's a really easy and fun pattern once you wrap (pun intended) your head around it. Wendy rocks!

6 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

I Love the pattern!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I hope they're helpful, again, I'm sorry the photos are so blurry- it was SO hard to take photos holding needles in one hand and camera in the other! It took me a bit to get my head around how it's supposed to be done, and I thought this might help someone else. Wouldn't it be funny if I was doing it wrong??! I think it looks right, though, on the finished item!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

The colors are fun, and the intended recipient has this gorgeous mocha skin and I think the colors will be lovely on her.

I wish my photos were better. Will work on that in case I am ever able to potentially provide another knitting "tutorial"-- I'm usually looking for them, not creating them!!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks incredible on me! I received a few complements the other night while I was at din din.
Thanks again Annie!

Mocha Skin

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks incredible on me! I received a few complements the other night at din din.
Thanks again Annie

Mocha Skin

11:21 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

It was my pleasure! I love knitting for you. :)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home