Friday, July 21, 2006

I miss my buns

Adam and I had a pair of Angora Rabbits, Carats and Jumper. We got them from Iron Horse Farm (see link to right), and it was love at first sight. About a year and a half into owning them, I developed a really bad allergy to them, but we loved them like mad, and so Ad totally took over the grooming of them. When Adam died, I lost my bunnies, too. I couldn't care for them. I couldn't groom them, hold them. Jumper, especially, loved to be held. He'd hop in front of Adam and stomp his little feet and Ad would scoop him up and hold him like a baby, with all four legs in the air. Adam would often nap on the sofa with both bunnies sleeping on his chest. He loved them so much. We both did, but when I became allergic, he formed an especially tight bond with them.

When Adam died, Skip and Debbie over at Iron Horse were amazing. They came in and picked them up for me and looked after them until they found a new, loving home as house rabbits.

I miss them so much. And I miss him. I have Cecil, but he isn't the snuggliest of creatures.

So here are some photos of my babies, who are still alive and well, just not with me.

Jumper as a baby- look how tiny his ears were!






















Carats as a baby










4 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

Ohhh how cute!!! I bet they were so soft & cuddling.. I could see how one oculd fall in love! They furr is great for spinning and knitting with too..

8:56 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

They were fantastic pets, really affectionate to us and each other. You should check out the Iron Horse Farm page- it's a fiber farm and Debbie sells yarns she spins and dyes herself, and they have a co-op, as well. Very cool!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO cute! They look like stuffed animals...only better =)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Ha! They DID look like stuffed animals! Sometimes people would see them, sitting out on their rug (they couldn't walk on the hardwood- with their furry little feet it was like bambi on ice), and all of a sudden one of them would move and they'd jump and say "Oh my God! They're real!!"

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home