Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm such a quitter...

I was supposed to quit smoking yesterday. But it dawned on me the other day that the anniversary of Ad's death is next week, August 8, and maybe I should just get through that, first.
So now the plan is to stick the freakin' patch on when I go to sleep on the 8th. Yeah. We'll see how that goes. But I am sure that date won't be pretty, and I want my comfort food (comfort food being cigarettes).

So I've quit my plans for quitting. Until next week. God, I suck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you're not a quitter. There was just a delay in the start of your plan. I smoked forever. I mean FOR-EVER. I quit by reading a book by Alan Carr, and it worked. He just explains what smoking is and what it isn't. And it cost a little more than a pack of smokes. Don't use the patch, that keeps you addicted to them. (And, just who do you think MAKES the patches???) I quit in a matter of days, and 4 people from my office read it and have quit, too. No lie. It's on my March 18 blog entry. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1402718616/002-2377737-5560060?v=glance&n=283155
Good luck! If you can knit, you can quit smoking. It's easier than learning to purl! REALLY!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely get past Aug. 8 and then give it a try. You can only do one thing at a time. Frequent, addicted readers of your blog will be rooting for you!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thanks!! I'm going to check out the book, and I'm going to try again on the 8th!

:)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home