Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dad Really Does Want a Knitted Tie...

and so it begins.

A while ago he said to me "you know what I would like and wear? A tie. A knitted tie."

And I thought he was joking. And let it go. But then we were tie shopping a few months ago, at Filene's basement, and they had these hand knit ties, marked down from $300. And the colors were heinous, and I was like "THREE HUNDRED DOLLAS??"

And Dad said... "you know... I'd really like a knit tie... maybe a red one..."

The man really wants a knit tie.


  • This
  • is the pattern I'll use- I'm thinking the Ann Budd one. He wants one with a squared off bottom.

    But I have no experiece with really nice sock yarn. Solid, if possible, and probably deep red in color.
    Sugguestions??

    Was looking at the suggested yarn, richesse et soie, in garnet, but it seems to have been discontinued, so the hunt begins.


    Also, I've just realized I don't own a single nice stitch marker! How in the name of all that is holy did this happen?? I love sparkly, pretty things. Husband used to call me "The Magpie." How do I not have any pretty stitch markers?? HOW???

    I have to get on that, and fast.

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm trying to remember where I saw a knitted tie pattern! I think it's in a recent issue of Interweave Knits, actually. I remember what the photo looks like...hmm...

    Some really nice sock yarns I like: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. It's fantastic. And there is always good old Knit Picks, though I don't have experience with their solid sock yarns, I've heard that Essential is really good. They have a burgundy shade, too =)

    oh my goodness, I am swimming in stitch markers! You really don't have any pretty ones? Let me know if you want some...I can send you a bunch! =)

    8:39 PM  
    Blogger Annie said...

    OOh, I'd love some! I'd be happy to swap you for something!

    I think I'm going with the Lorna's laces... if he really does like it and wear it, then I'm going to probably be knitting a lot of ties.

    Dad has sort of a tie fetish. Probably because he wears suits all the time, and it's the only way to mix it up a bit!
    Thanks for the suggestions!!!

    8:44 PM  
    Blogger Annie said...

    Oh Lord- Dad was checking out some blanket progress, which is being knitted with Knit Picks Mainline, and said that's the thickness he'd like his tie to be.
    Seriously?
    Seriously.

    Hmmm...

    2:05 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home