Monday, September 04, 2006

Garden Photos

Here are some photos of the garden we planted for Adam, taken today...

Roses are tricky, and the Spring was not kind to them. We had months and months of seemingly non-stop rain followed by intense heat, and the poor roses rotted and died and I was afraid I'd lose them all... but we've finally had some lovely weather and the roses have responded in kind...







I also have a Rose of Sharon. We didn't know we even had a Rose of Sharon. It was found during the garden planting, buried inside the most massive forsythia, ever. We planted Adam's garden on September 10 last year, and it didn't bloom for a couple weeks after that, but it DID bloom.
This year I waited for the buds to appear. I saw beautifully blooming Rose of Sharon bushes everywhere, but not mine! Well, it's loaded with buds, and finally, in the first week of September, it's blooming! It's in a slightly more shady spot than it probably should be, so I'm guessing that's why it's blooming late. But I'm cool with late bloomers, having been one myself.



Here's my hydrangea- this did really well this year. Most of the blooming is over, but it put this out last week, and it's looking good!




And here's another late bloomer. A clematis vine, given by friends at the garden party. I believe it will bloom white, and dear lord, there are LOADS of buds on this vine, and it seems very happy! But when will it bloom??



(click on any of the photos to see a larger photo)


Here's my ivy. This is actually the same ivy that grows on Fenway Park. I was able to get it through the Arnold Arboretum's plant sale, and it'll turn red in the fall, so stay tuned...



And here's the sedum in bloom-


I thought it'd be more red, but I'm loving the shock of pink in the garden!

And now for the mushroom invasion! This baby is huge, and right smack in the middle of my sweet woodruff!!



And here are some more mushrooms, amid the Russian Sage and Lavender...




Here is an album with photo's of Adam's garden- before, during planting and updated often...

2 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

Love the roses, reminds me of my late aunt who used to travel the world with her award winning roses at all the shows!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

That's so neat. I'm not very good with plants, but I'm learning!!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home