Monday, July 23, 2007

Headed to the frog pond...

I fear, is the clapotis I've been working on. I ordered 4 skeins in Aslan, but two are from one dye lot and the other two are from another. Hmmm. How these things happen, I don't know. Well, actually, I do know, but anyhow. There are a number of things to learn from my impatience.




1. Don't buy really expensive yarn unless you've seen it in person, or are very sure you'll get what you think you'll get. Mainly, remember to check dye lots!

2. That thing they say, about switching skins to prevent pooling? Yeah, it's true.


But here's the thing, I realize I don't really like multi-colored yarn. Just, not really my thing. And it's nothing to do with the pooling.

And as for the two dyelots, well, this I do find really weird. One is all natural colors, as seen here-



But the other 2 skeins, also called "Aslan" have pinks and aquas in them, which I did NOT want for this project. As seen here-


and here-


I'm not really sure why Lorna's does this. I get having slightly different shades of a color in a dye lot, but completely different colors? Well, in my opinion, that's a new colorway, not a new dye lot!!

So, really, I think I need to sell the two skeins (one wound into a ball, one not) that have the pink/aqua in them, and then figure out what to do with the other two skeins...






In this last photo, you can really see the "switch" between the two dyelots... not good, mostly, in my opinion, because I don't care for the colors in the newer dyelot. But I was panic knitting before the sentencing, which is now done and which I will tell you about later.






So, if anyone wants the two skeins with the pink/aqua let me know! I got the yarn at a good price :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the pictures, you can't really see the 2 differences but what a bummer! It looks like you got really far too.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Bummer! The dropped stitches make the pooling and the switch from one lot to another almost completely invisible, but if you just don't like variegated yarns, you just don't like variegated yarns. Buy yourself some pretty yarn that's all the same color (or yarn that has variegation in a single shade) and be happy.

I'm sorry one of the dye lots had blues in it. I don't think I would have wanted aqua in my Clapotis either.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

That's odd - I've gotten tons of the Aslan colorway, and never gotten any pink or aqua. Did you contact the vendor, by chance? Perhaps it was mislabelled?

It looks pretty, anyway!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home