Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's better than booze, right?

So, things have been stressful lately. And I'm getting sick. Sick and stressed. Sick of being stressed. Sick because I'm stressed? Who the fuck knows. But know this, when stressed, buy yarn. Buy a lot of yarn, and do it as fast as you fucking can. And so. Today's purchases.

First, I've ordered this pattern-




Jemima.


And I ordered the yarn, or what I thought was the right yarn. Hopefully this will work out- I was meant to order RYC Cashsoft DK, but ordered Aran by accident. Hopefully I can make it work.

I ordered it in this color-





So what else did I order?
Stumbled across a great e-bay seller and went a little nuts...
Several skeins of these for the Lady Eleanor-

I'll have to pick the turquoise out, but love the rust shades-


Also, how gorgeous is this?




And,





Finally, I have been going back and forth on this, and just decided to go for it, so I bought 4 skeins of Lion and Lamb to make myself a Clapotis. The colorway is Aslan




Now I wait for it to be delivered. Waiting on a lot of things, actually, but this one I'll look forward to arriving.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd have to do a ratio of your gauge and the pattern gauge. Does the pattern come with diagrams of the pieces? That will also be key. I can help you if you get stuck.

I'm loving your latest yarn purchases!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is an easier way, figuring your gauge and looking at the pattern sizes. Then you can knit as the pattern is written.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I have that pattern too! If I have a little time to get the yarn we can have a knitalong. :)

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! I want to knit Clapotis in Aslan too!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new yarns - can't wait to see how all knits up....Enjoy!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Jen, I'd love that!! I'm a little worried that I should get some DK weight- I'm a sweater newbie and I'm worried about the weight difference between DK and Aran...

8:03 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

I think Michelle is right, you could probably just knit a smaller size using the right needles for the yarn and the instructions as written. It may turn out slightly bulkier than it looks in the picture though.

I love the Aslan colourway, possibly the best of all LLs colours. I have some waiting to be socks!

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! All the colors of yarn are so pretty. :) I have Aslan in sock weight and love it. :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Lovely purchases all! I know yarn shopping always helps me when I'm stressed, so I hope it does the same for you.

The aran weight yarn will probably work if you use smaller needles. It doesn't look like it'd produce a super dense, nasty fabric in a sweater that's mostly stockinette.

You're going to love Clapotis in Aslan! That's exactly the yarn I used to knit my mother's, and it came out beautiful, she adores it and wears it everywhere. Enjoy knitting with this yarn. Just the sheen and watching it glide through your fingers is going to be a joy. I wasn't sure about spending all that money on 4 skeins until I started knitting with it!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Annie, would you please e-mail me? I'd love to talk to you but can't find an e-mail contact for you.

RoseByAny at Hotmail dot Com


(and I love the aslan colorway. I'm lucky, too, because I have a cat named Aslan so I get lots of it as gifts...)

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home