Saturday, June 09, 2007

Hand Knit Yarmulke/Kippah and endless pinning...

Pinning is underway- and laborious, to say the least! I'm using the star fabric- fingers crossed.

In the meantime, here's a teeny little baby kippah for the bris on Tuesday. I made it using Sarah Gilbert's Shining Star hat pattern, modifying it somewhat. Hopefully it'll work. I used Black Pearl cashmere yarn, and it took 4 or 5 attempts for me to get it more or less shaped the way I wanted it, but here it is- again, it's like night here, so apologies for the crappy photos!






It's the first yarmukle I've knit, and I'm going to do at least one more on the train, in case it doesn't fit, or what have you... hopefully it'll work- I'm happy with it!

I'm thinking I'll use some ribbon and attach it to the sides so we can keep it on little Sam's head, but we'll wing that, probably!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so small and really cute! :)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

It looks great!

Some friends and I have been wondering how bald people get their yarmulke to stay in place. Unfortunately, all the Jewish people I know have enough hair to pin it, and so do all their friends and family. This is probably going to stay a mystery for all time.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I think I'm going to attach some ribbons, but he has a decent amount of hair, for a newborn!! :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Annie, that is sooooo cute! Nice work :)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is super cute! I wish I had seen it sooner, as we just attended my new nephew's bris recently...but he already had an heirloom kippah anyway--I am filing this one away for the next opportunity. Thanks!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a pattern to share of that? Friend of mine is looking with me :)

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home