Sunday, July 08, 2007

Still Knitting...

I'm still knitting!


A while ago, I asked here, and on Knitty, for people to please send me little odds and ends of Silk Garden, if they had some. And they did! Along with the 7 skeins I've bought so far, I'm using them to make a Lady Eleanor. The problem was, I wanted something in earth tones, because I am making this for myself, and it is the first thing I have made for myself in years. Silk Garden is one of my favorite yarns, but man, they sometimes really fuck up a color palette, you know what I'm saying? Brown next to fluorescent pink? Not so much. So, like the crazy person I am, I am picking through and taking only the bursts of color I want for this project, and am tucking the really bright colors aside for a to-be-determined later project.

Enough with the rambling- have a look at some photos. It's in progress!











Can you see my hair trapped in there? Honestly, I feel sometimes, like I am knitting with as much of my own hair as yarn...


Here are some of my little picked through balls, ready for knitting, with my favorite mug- you like?



So that's it for now. Taking a break from baby knitting, and making something I hope to wear a lot this fall.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stunning :-)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

I love the colors you're choosing! Just beautiful and I'm in awe of your bird bath.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking fantastic!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! It's beautiful!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's just gorgeous! Maybe you can make one in earth tones and one in really bright colors so you can change them depending on your mood and wardrobe choice of the moment?

And yes, I like your mug very much.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! I made mine from silk garden and loved knitting it! Have fun!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie that is gorgeous! :)

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home