Saturday, June 09, 2007

Safari Blanket of Doom...

almost done.



It's blocking. Kind of. It's been a nightmare to get it into a complete square, and I don't know it's really possible. Because it was knit in the round? Maybe.
Also, there are loads of little issues having to do with my somewhat craptastic fair isle technique, which, it must be said, I've gotten a bit better at, having knit this blanket.

I wish there weren't so many imperfections, and once it's a bit drier I'll sort out the ends that worked their way out to the front and whatnot. But. Well. I don't know. I suppose it could be worse. I just see every little problem with it.

I chose two different backings- not sure which I'll use, and I'll show you those tomorrow. They're in the dryer now, to get any shrinkage out.



I don't know. I wish I had done it... better somehow. But still, it was a lot of work, and it could be worse.

Better photos soon. It's nearly 2 am...

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

It's amazing!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie, don't put yourself down! It is an AMAZING piece of work. What a work of love. I think it's beautiful and Samuel is a very lucky boy.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Bertha said...

um...that. is. incredible.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thanks, my friends... do you think it's a huge deal that it isn't a perfect square? I mean, as long as I sew the piping and backing on ok, it should be ok, right??!
Oh, the angst!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The backing will force it square. And I don't see nary a stitch out of place! It's beautiful!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

Hey annie! That is so amazing, you are so clever. A true, true heirloom!

Did you block it with wires? That may help make it more square, but I don't think it really needs it, it looks fab.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's freakin' amazing! Don't short change yourself, it came out great!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an amazing blanket!

2:33 AM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

wow wow wow it's beautiful! Any baby would be very lucky to have it! Don't be so hard on yourself Annie - you are a real craftswoman!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home