Sunday, August 19, 2007

Swoony!

So, I fainted today. It's happened a couple of times, the first was when I was sick with Crohn's, but not diagnosed yet. I was planting in the garden and conked out.

It's happened once or twice again, when I was really anemic, and then today I decided to do some weeding. It's really nice and cool out today, so I decided to take advantage of it, and go for it, even though I still have a fever. This time it wasn't so bad. More of a swoon than a faint. I had all these little bright floaty things in the corner of my vision, then large dark spots, and I felt my knees kind of buckle. I think I was only out for a few seconds. So, I'm back inside now. Going to sit on the couch and knit for a while. Even changed into pj's.

All in all, I'm just fine. It was very Gone with the Wind, without the rockin' clothing.

So much for cleaning/organizing today. It's frustrating, not having the strength/energy to do what I want to do. Adam used to do so much, and before I got sick, I had so much energy. It's harder than I thought it would be. Taking care of this house. By myself. But I'll manage.

In closing, here are some photos of my house...
here's a photo of the crafting shelf of my bookcase... there are more knitting books in the bedroom, other bookcase, car... but most are here.



And here is the trunk where I store a lot of my yarn. On top is a photo R took, and I just love it- it's a goat in Ireland, he now guards my stash. I love this photo so much.


Can you see my little penguin peeking out? Story on him in another post.

And here is a lamp that once belonged to Adam's mum. I love this lamp, so much, and my father in law was kind enough to give it to me on my last visit. R rewired it for me, and here it is. I have a kind of a lamp fetish.


The little pottery piece was something my sister in law made for Ad and I- it has my nephews little hand print on it. I love it. And yep, that's a wooden sandpiper behind, as well. I like wooden birds.




This is my Hoya blooming. Make this one bigger if you can, it's pretty cool. It's starting to release the syrupy sweet smelling stuff, which means it's almost done blooming.

Here's the other bookcase, with some nudes. I like nudes. I even have nude lamps. Seriously.




And finally, here's a photo I bought at a local gallery/frame store. R took another pic, of a boat called the "Miss Anne" and I'll frame that soon. Am going to start a collection of photos of boats called Anne. Why not? But I do love this one.




So that's a peek inside my house. I'd show you more, but honestly, you couldn't really see it for all the clutter!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I love the picture of the boat called 'Ugly Anne' - it totally put a smile on my face :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

OK, I want that goat photo and that lamp! They're awesome. What a way to add character to a room.

Please take care of yourself. When you're sick, you lie down and pamper yourself until you're feeling better. The weeds sure aren't going anywhere.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thanks!

Don't worry, I do take care, it's just that I've been sick for a couple of years and this particular fever has been hanging in since the first week of July. I've been putting off the weeding, but it's getting really bad. My parents were originally going to come up today and I knew my dad, who's also been sick would start in on the weeding and I really don't want him doing it! So I went to it and failed. But it's ok, I'll try again soon!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Your house looks utterly gorgeous! I look forward to our house being 'done'!

:)

3:05 AM  
Blogger Katie Collette said...

Wow, I love your... everything! But especially the lamp and the flowers. Pretty, pretty flowers.

I hope your fever goes away soon. In the meantime, I hope someone can help with the weeding. I know how quickly it can get out of hand!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Be careful and stay healthy, Annie. I love that hoya - it is gorgeous!

10:01 AM  
Blogger KelInCal said...

You have a beautiful home! That lamp is simply wonderful! I hope you are feeling better. Take care.

12:46 PM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

Hey Annie! Hope you're feeling better! You're house is just gorgeous!I love homes that have interesting and 'meaningful' pieces in them. There is so much warmth and character!

I'm going to go home and look at all my favourite 'bits' again!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egads I love that a goat guards your stash!

Hope you're feeling better soon, chickie!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're OK! I've never fainted so I can only guess that it would be really disconcerting!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Ok Scarlett, no more dramatic swoons!

I love your style. :) That's something seriously lacking in our home. There's no personality. But your place has loads of personality!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your goat picture. What a perfect guard for your stash.
Your picture of the La Hoya blooming brought back memories as a kid, my mother had been cutting off the long bare danglie things from the plant, when during a time of inattention one was not clipped off and we had Beautiful Flowers!!!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home