Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Short Row a Go- Go.

Weird title, but that's what I keep thinking!

Firstly, the weather here has been crap, and so I am needing to take these photos inside,and it's hard to get the photos looking right in low light with no flash, so I apologize for that.


First, another couple of photos of the multi-directional scarf.





This was a really fast knit.



Secondly, here are some updated photos of my Lady Eleanor. This is the first thing I've knitted for myself in AGES!



Going to be weaving in a lot of ends!












Now, I think I mentioned before that I have bought a lot of yarn for this, but people from the knitty board also sent me their scraps. I decided to do earth tones and wasn't sure what to do with the gorgeous jewel tones I had received. So, I bought a shitload more yarn and am making a second Lady E, this one will be donated to my dad's agency, for the next silent auction. Really need to get some photos of this in the sun, but here are a few photos...






So, that's what I've been up to lately. This is after all, first and foremost, a knitting blog.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Nell said...

I'm so dense. I was reading your post, thinking I was reading someone esle's. All the way down I was thinking how funny it was that someone had a leather armchair just like yours. Duh.

Love the Lady E pics, especially the close ups, very nice. Great idea to ask for scraps, you'll have a little bit of the knittyboard with you when you wear it!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Your Lady Eleanors are so pretty! I'm working on one for a friend right now and I am so loving the pattern that I already have plans to make one for myself. Something about the way the blocks in each tier puff up makes me think of quilted pillows. What a cozy thing to wrap yourself in.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady Eleanor - wow!

3:56 PM  
Blogger KelInCal said...

Those Lady Es are so beautiful - the colors are amazing! I give you props for knitting two of them - I can't keep my mind focused on knitting the same sock twice, much less a pattern that large.

The scarf is great too! I'm hoping to make myself a Short Row Rib once my aversion to scarves goes away!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous work! :)

11:00 PM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

I love those blankets. Love them!
I can't decide whether I love the comfortyness of the earth tones or the bright happiness of the jewel tones - but i know that you have inspired me to have a go at one of these!

Clever Annie!!!

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lotta entrelac! Two Ladys! I was thrilled to just finish my one and only. Good for you! I absolutely love your earth tones one and it is wonderful of you to knit a second to donate! I also read back a few posts as I haven't visited lately. Just want to offer {{HUGS}}.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love love love the Lady Eleanor(s)!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home