Saturday, August 18, 2007

Rippit

Headed to the frog pond is the Sweatshirt sleeve. Ugh. Pattern is a 10 row repeat and it said to increase every 6th row. Which I took to mean "every row 6" but which of course, as written, meant every 6th row. I'm such an ass.

Here is the sleeve, to be ripped. Was 3/4 done.


Pardon the flash, but it's in the living room and it's getting dark! Just wanted to show you what I did today, as I'll have nothing to show for it tomorrow!

The pattern reading I find frustrating. I need patterns writers to be VERY specific. Even on patterns where they are praised for clear instructions, it isn't always clear to me!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I feel your pain. I hate getting so far into something before discovering a fatal error that requires I rip hours of work.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ouch -I hate ripping out stuff. I'm working on re-knitting ripped sleeves right now myself and it is frustrating to know I could have been done by now!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Weird, I have the same problem. Sometimes, I'm overthinking things, sometimes, I just seem to be seeing something other people aren't seeing, which is confusing as all getout. I guess how a person's brain is wired has a lot to do with how clearly a pattern is written. Because what's clear to you or me is probably confusing for someone else.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I agree with you on the lack of clarity in certain patterns! I wonder if it's laziness on the part of the writers, or ignorance on my part? I really don't know. Sorry that you have to rip all of that work - it looks like it will be lovely when you finish, though! And way to keep going, despite the setback.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I'm glad I'm not alone on this!! :)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just catching up on posts now - the sweater is looking great. So sorry you have to rip the sleeves!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home