Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yarn Pron

So I may have mentioned that with the convergence of many unpleasant events over the past few weeks, I've bought some yarn. Er... here it is. The first batch, anyhow.

I'm making myself a Log Cabin Blanket, using Silky Wool. Now that it's arrived, I'm not so sure about the orange- it's lighter than I thought it would be, and Moose would love this color, so I may order a few more skeins for a sweater for her, and then replace the skeins with another brown/green.






Any thoughts on the orange, or a replacement brown or green for it?



This one was taken with a flash, mistakenly, but I liked the way it really highlighted the colors, where usually flash washes them out and misrepresents...





Then we have the Skye Tweed in the Heath colorway-


I got 13 skeins of this, to make Rupert the Cobblestone sweater from the new IK. It's very him, I think, and since we've gone back to being friends, it's safe to make him a sweater!


It's hard having these yarns on hand and not knitting them, just yet- but I'm still working on the Lady Eleanor's, and I have also been doing a little knit along with
Jen. Have you seen her blog? Go have a look if you haven't she takes the most amazing cat photos and is a really talented knitter. Her talent is further evidenced by her patience with me. We're working on

Jemima by Anna Bell, both of us are using Cashsoft DK, and I'll have a photo of my progress up soon. It's not much to look at quite yet. The tubular cast-on was tricky and I was especially pestery with Jen on it!

So that's it for now. Am really trying not to look at all the other yarns!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Nell said...

my GOSH! Annie!! All that yarn!!

I think maybe you're right about the orange.... Its a nice colour though and with or without it the log cabin will be great!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally want to fondle your yarn...the fact that there are so many...gah....

I agree, though, I think more brown and green - but that orange is gorgeous. I have a sweater I love very very much that's close to that color so I vote more brown and green and an orange sweater.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I know. I want to roll around in it!
Looking for a simple knit for the orange for the Moose. Has to be something basic- not girly at all, otherwise I'd maybe do rusted root... hmmmm...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Linster said...

I do agree the orange is a bit... orange. Kind of too bright, but it also adds something to the overall picture, and keeps it from turning too "camouflage". Maybe a deep red, if there is one?

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarns are gorgeous!

The cobblestone sweater is going to be gorgeous! I am so debating making it for myself, but am just not sure how it would look on me. The brown you chose is very nice, though!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is gorgeous! I love the color you chose for Cobblestone!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I like the orange and the contrast it provides to the other colors. But a deep earthy red would look great too.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I think the colors are nice, but it's so hard to know if they're being accurately reflected on my monitor (I recently made a regrettable internet yarn purchase because I was not getting an accurate color reading on my monitor - we've all been there!). Someone below said to try an earthy red, and that sounds very cool.

I am working a sweater from that classic elite tweed. It knits a little rouger than I would like, but I do think it is going to soften nicely. It is showing ribbing nicely, and I think it will display the cabling, too. I think the cobblestone sweater will be just lovely in it! Good luck, and post your progress.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Of the colours they still have, the inky/navy looks pretty good to me. But of course there is only one skein of it.

So for the non-discounted stuff...there's a light green? Might work. ?

Hey, I'm the one that took THREE HOURS to do the tubular cast-on! And then realized when I finished I used the wrong size needle! Hahaha.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Can I dive in? Head first?

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home