Tuesday, September 05, 2006

How unlucky am I?

I'm just getting over a fairly nasty sinus and tonsil infection. Now, the tonsilitis may seem odd, because I had my tonsils removed four years ago. That was a complete nightmare, as having your tonsils out as an adult is incredibly painful. But alas, the left one is growing back. Yep. GROWING BACK.

Certain parts of tissue in our bodies can regenerate. Skin is one of them. This is why we heal after cuts. The liver is another, you can have a part of your liver removed, and it will grow back. Unfortunately the tonsils are another one. And mine is coming back. It's small right now, but it'll have to go. I'm on pretty hard core immuno-suppresants right now, so it'll have to wait until the Crohn's and/or AS get into remission, and then out with the damn spawn of tonsil!!


So because of this unfortunate infection I'm now past-due for my remicade infusion, and it's getting bad. Really hard to drive, walk, etc. Am trying not to take the pain meds, as they make me dizzy and I can't knit on pain killers....

I have an infusion scheduled for Friday and hopefully the fever, which I seem to have finally gotten rid of, will stay gone.


I'm working on the second "fetching" glove for my One Skein SP. Yep, my package is coming late, and she's been fine with that. Between my illness and Dad's cancer, it's been a little bit hectic and hard to knit lately.
Here's my progress so far. (note my little fishy stitch marker, from Tiffany!)









I am hoping to also make her a matching headscarf. The yarn is Kurasawa from Artfibers, and I love it. Gorgeous yarn!! I bought 2 skeins, so hopefully there will be plenty for the fetching gloves and the hairscarf... we'll see!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that tonsils can grow back. yikes!

I hope you're feeling better soon!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Please don't tell me tonsils can grow back! I had mine out when I was 24. Awful awful surgery (and embarrassing... apparently I told the OR nurse all about the boob job I wanted to get next....)

I am so sorry you're feeling so horrible. I really am. I hope you're up to speed soon.

Hugs to you!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I had just turned 25 when I had mine out- and what a HORROR!!
I also want a boob job, but suspect that'll never happen, thanks to all the autoimmune disorders!

I once tried to talk the oral surgeon removing my wisdom teeth into leaving his wife for me. Yeah, that was embarassing. Gotta love anasthesia...

10:39 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

sos orry ot hear about your tonsils.. and late with remicade, I now exactly how you feel! Hope fully you'll feel better by the weekend!
Take it easy drink lots of fluids it helps the tonsils and keeps you hydrated too.!
Chin up take care! Lots of rest!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home