Monday, October 30, 2006

Clapotis Progress





Beginning the fourth repeat of section 3. At this point it feels like this pattern will never end! Looking forward to each 8th row to break it up a little with the dropped stitch. Also looking forward to beginning the decrease rows. I'm using silk garden, and I'm a little disappointed in the color. I think my aunt will like it, she loves really vibrant colors, but I feel the pale brown and the bubblegum pink are a little out of sync with the rest of the colors in the yarn.

The silk garden also needs a lot of help in unraveling, but so far, so good.

Here are loads more photos- just click on a photo to see a larger image.
















9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I especially love the texture of the silk garden.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

I totally know what you mean about it feeling never-ending!! I'm at about the same spot you're at and I keep putting it off to the side in impatience.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

It really is killing me! I am SO ready to be finished with this pattern!
Really unsure about the colorway, but hopefully my aunt will be happy with it!!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Clapotis looks so good! I've got to agree about Silk Garden--it's definitely tough to drop those stitches, and their colorways are kind of odd at times. But yours is still beautiful! =)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Your Clapotis is lovely! I really like Silk Garden, and I've been wanting to make this pattern myself! :0)

12:05 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

I think the colours are beautiful - you shouldn't worry!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Lanea said...

Go go go go !

I am also in boring knitting land. Sigh. Boring socks, boring blanket.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Nell, I'm glad you like the colors- that's a relief, as I'm still not totally convinced!

Lanea, I'm now on the 6th repeat... slow going!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

Looks GREAT!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home