Friday, October 20, 2006

I'm planning on giving the Clap to someone!

My aunt. Her 69th birthday is coming up, and I've just ordered 8 skeins of Silk Garden #205 to make a Clapotis and perhaps a matching hat, if I have enough yarn left. Most of the posts/blogs I've seen with people using Silk Garden said they used about 7 skeins, but I knit tightly, so we'll see...

Here's the yarn-







Aunt loves Bright jewel tones. It's always different for me, when I knit for her using these colors- I'm an earth tone sort of gal, and never choose these really bright, vivid colors unless I'm making something for her.
Stay tuned for what will surely be weeks of me agonizing over the pattern!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous colorway! I used 8 skeins for my Silk Garden Clap on size 8 needles, though everyone knits differently, of course =)

The pattern is really easy, don't fret! And it's slightly addictive, I've found...I'm currently making my fourth one!

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm making a Clap too. :) Can't wait to see how yours comes out with Silk Garden... I'm using a silk/mohair blend I bought at this year's Stitches East. The pattern is a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Great colourway - she'll love it!

4:01 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

Gorgeous colorway! Cant' wait to see what pattern you'll be using with it!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Michelle, I'm making Clapotis with it! I'll post more photos soon!!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Larry said...

Thiis was lovely to read

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home