Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My first embroidery attempt...






















I made this felted hat a while ago and have started embroidering it. Oddly, I'm embroidering it with a Knitpicks version of a yarn similar to kidsilk haze. I'm pretty happy with it, considering it's a first go. The scarf I'll be making out of just the green. Maybe branching out... It'll be for my mom, for Christmas...

I'm just doing this freehand, and I'm not an artist by any stretch, but I'm pretty happy with it, considering!















.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dame Wendy said...

So pretty!!! I love the embroidery, it's so delicate and light.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Yep, I agree, looks awesome.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Very pretty!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thank you!! We'll see how it comes out when it's totally done, but I'm enjoying doing it, very much. I think embroidering on felting is a lot of fun. The back is a little messy, but it is a first attempt!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Lanea said...

Yay! I love to embroider, though I rarely do it on knits. I wonder why . . .

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home