Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!

I hope you all have something to be thankful for this year. It's hard, sometimes, believe me, I know. But I try and see the good in everything, in everyone. It's funny, I cannot remember last Thanksgiving, at all. It was 3 months after my husband was killed, and I have absolutely no memory of it, whatsoever. Probably a good thing.

A couple of things have happened since I last posted. I had my house re-roofed. It needed doing, and badly, but the price hurt a bit. Not as much as it hurt when I brought coffee out to the workers and stepped on a nail that went through my loafer and into the ball of my left foot. That hurt. And bled. And hurt. But that didn't hurt as much as the fucking tetanus shot, which really, really hurt. My left arm got all red and swollen and hard and ooooow! And that still didn't hurt as much as my joints, because I was supposed to get a remicade infusion on Tuesday, but because of the nail/shot, they they said I have to wait until next week! (wailing). I am already about 3 weeks overdue for my remicade, because I had the mysterious fever again, which sometimes spiked up around 103, and is mysterious indeed. But I have 3 autoimmune diseases, so let's face it, mysterious fevers aren't really that unknown to me. Ack.

So I am now smothered, for the most part, in Bengay. I smell like happy hour at Shoney's or Friendly's, and I have to tell you folks, it's not pretty.


FINALLY, my laptop blew a bulb. I bought a new Vaio last March and the backlight on it died. They sent it back to Sony, and unless I can convice the Moose to lend me her's for a few weeks and use dad's, you won't see me much in the next three weeks. THREE WEEKS! Arrrugh!!

Ok, that wasn't final. Final is I've been playing the new Final Fantasy game, which rocks. I haven't played much by way of video games lately, but it's a fab way to spend time when one is in too much pain to move off the couch, and in a knitting rut.

Speaking of a knitting rut, I've got some Elizabeth Lavold Chunky AL, and I'm trying to figure out a manly scarf pattern for it. I've started and frogged about ten patterns, because the alpaca is making it difficult to get any real st. definition, and I'm now stymied as to what to knit with it. Thoughts?

Happy Turkey Day! Find something to be thankful for, ok?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And yikes on your recent events...I hope things look up for you soon. *hugs*

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you feel better soon! Tetnus shot, yikes!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home