Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm Not Alone In My House...

For the past couple of days, I've had a feeling I'm not alone in the house. I have had the feeling that someone, something is watching me. Every now and then I'd think I'd see a movement in the corner of my eye, but when I'd look, nothing was there. I even heard some very strange noises from time to time, but I dismissed them, as well.

Now, if you read my last post, about contacting a medium, you might be thinking that I've got a ghost on my hands. But you'd be wrong.

Say hello to my little friend!



















Yeah. I've got a chipmunk. In the house. I looked over, and there he was, just strolling calmly across the living room. He went under the leather sofa and washed his face, which was pretty cute. When I went to go look under the couch for a closer look, he was gone.

My joints were too bad to drive today so I'll go and get a "have a heart" trap for him tomorrow. In the meantime, I've put some cashew nuts out for him, and he's welcome to all the spiders he might encounter while he is my guest.

I don't mind him being here, it's mainly not being sure where he's (or she) is making his nest, and I'm quite sincerely hoping it's not in the blanket chest or in one of the dozen or so piles of yarn I've got stashed about the house.

If I can't catch and release him before it gets really cold, I'll be investing in a very large small rodent cage. I need to get him back outside so he can make his own nest, outside, where the other chipmunks live, before winter really sets in!

The question is how did he get in? I sometimes prop the door open if I'm carrying a lot of stuff in, but I'm wondering if there is some sort of secret chipmunk passageway in my basement. And if there is, do they have some sort of secret chipmunk password or handshake, or some such thing? Because that would rock, but also necessitate that I perhaps buy more than one trap.

4 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Woah - you changed pics or something. That's not the pic bloglines shows! They're both cute as hell though!

I hope you don't have a secret chipmunk passageway! You'll never get rid of him! Poor little fella.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

He's so cute! My Aunt has a Pinemarten inside the roof of her house in France. You can hear it sliding down the inside of the roof. We wonder if he runs back up just so he can slide down again!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Lanea said...

The idea of a secret chipmunk passageway into the house would delight my dog Kayo. I think I'm very glad that he and the cats leave the local rodents with a sense of foreboding. None of them have successfully caught any beasties (to my knowledge), but they certainly keep us rodent-free. I hope he isn't nesting in your wool.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Pinemartins are so cute! I hope he's not nesting anywhere naughty! No sign of him again yet. :)

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home