Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Yep, a boyfriend...

So. Here's the thing. When Adam was killed I never thought I'd really be interested in anyone again. I thought I'd be this eccentric old woman who would make eyes at the pool boy and whatnot. And I was ok with that. When friends would gently prod me about dating I would tell them that if there was anyone else out there for me, then Adam would find that person and send him my way. I didn't really expect for that to happen.

But then after Adam died, one of his best friends and I got to be closer. In a totally platonic way, but closer. And time passed and eventually, well, it wasn't totally platonic anymore. I wasn't expecting it, and neither was he. Kind of came to a shock to us. No one else seemed surprised, just us.

He loved my husband and Adam loved him, and I can completely see why he did. This is a pretty amazing guy. I mean, a really, really, amazing guy. He'd have to be, in order to deal with my monstrous load of baggage. And he is.

Sometimes when we least expect it, even sometimes when we maybe aren't totally ready for it, love, in all its wondrous and infinite manifestations will find us. It's never the same twice, which is pretty amazing in itself.

So yep. I have a boyfriend. And yep, he's wonderful. And yep, I do think maybe, just maybe, my Adam had a hand in this. Because he loved both of us, and I think he'd approve. And I'm glad to have him today, as all days, because hey, he makes my life a happier place to be, just because he exists.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. =)

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very Happy for you!! WOOOHOO!! I wish you the best well the both of you!! Hows the rem treatments going? on a regular schedule now..I'm a little late went today yep in this crappy weather of valentines day!! Spun across 2 lanes on 128 on the way.. After that floods in town quite in the unit, had my spa treatment and just got home.
Hope all is well and you enjoy your first valentines day! Be happy~!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am so glad you have found happiness.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

I'm so pleased for you Annie! And I'm sure Adam is smiling for you too!

N xx

8:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Big smile...this is wonderful. :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger brewerburns said...

I am so pleased for both of you.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Lanea said...

Well that doesn't suck one bit. Enjoy.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all teary eyed for you. :) How exciting!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thank you- everyone! You're all so fantastic and kind, and supportive.
XX!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. This is very good!

Not knowing you or Adam, I'm pretty sure that he would be happy for you two (after a little ass kickin' - I mean whatch doin' w' my woman?)!

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great news. I am happy about this, although surprised. I wasn't expecting that! :) I do believe that Adam had a hand in this.

Those baby blankets are so cute - if I am ever pregnant, I want to hire you to knit me a baby blanket. They are gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing the news! I wish you so much happiness. :)

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home