Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Rockin' Birthday Surprise and other news...

I met Rupert's brother and sister in-law a little while ago- they live in Japan, and they're fantastic. I especially hit it off with Noriko, his sister in law, and I received this amazing birthday present, from Japan!

Noro yarn, magazines, and I think a chocolate bar (haven't opened it yet!)


You know you want a close up of that yarn!



7 Skeins of Cash Iroha and 4 of Hotaru...




I can't wait to find a pattern and knit something up with these!! I'm also looking for a special pattern to make something for Nori. She's fantastic, and so tiny and gorgeous- I'm keeping my eyes open for a special pattern.

In other knitting news, I finished the Entrelac blankie- finally! I just threw it into the washer and dryer as a litmus test, and I used delicate/low settings, but it was easy enough and I'm happy with how it looks!



The garden is looking good. I've had a load of birds lately, and have ordered even more feeders (Oriole and Finch), as I've seen Orioles and Goldfinches outside my window, along with my cardinal family. There is also a squirrel nest in a tree near the house and it's been great fun watching the babies march down, single file.

Here are a couple of photos of the crab apples- they were Ad's favorite, and the birds love them. The petals have all fallen off now, I took these last week.





I've also got some gorgeous cashmere yarn to make a baby hat, but it's dk weight, and I can't seem to find a DK weight pattern that I like!! Anyone have any thoughts?

8 Comments:

Blogger Bertha said...

That baby blanket turned out gorgeous!! Also, 7 skeins of Cash Iroha, are you kidding me?? SO JEALOUS AGAIN.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I know, I am SO excited!! I particularly love the lighter blue and the one skein of the bone color. I'm so excited!!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Miri Mack said...

Your baby blanket is a treasure!!! The colors are terrific. And your gift yarn is so yummy!

9:58 PM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

What a smashing present! WOW! So thoughtful!

Love the baby blanket too Annie - it's a work of art!

3:43 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Look at all that yarn! And Japanese magazines, things you can't just get at home. How fabulous is that?

Congratulations on finishing the entrelac blanket. It's beautiful. I'm so impressed, a whole blanket knit in little pieces while picking up loads of stitches. Wow.

12:56 PM  
Blogger KNIT A NEW DREAM said...

What a lovely birthday present!!!! And I love your enteralac blanket - I am going to hav to make me one of those! Thanks for the good thoughts - I am always so glad to see your face on my comment page Sue

12:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW, WOW, and WOW! How cool is that?

Try making an Odessa with smaller yarn and smaller needles. V pretty hat and fun to knit!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That entrelac is so pretty! Fantastic job Annie!

Glad you had a great birthday!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home