Wednesday, May 02, 2007

UK Trip!

I just spent ten days visiting Adam's family in the UK, and it was wonderful. It's always a little bittersweet, but always more sweet than bitter, and it is always hard to leave. I was lucky enough, on this trip, to meet Nell. My sister (the Moose), sister in law and her family took a train ride to Birmingham and we met up for lunch and some shopping.
Nell is Gorgeous. Really, photos do not do her justice. She has the most amazing eyes I've ever seen, and is so kind and sweet and funny. She also has the same taste in clothes as I do, and it was killing me, since I recently gained weight in an attempt to quit smoking, and I kept seeing all these clothes that I was drooling over, but just wouldn't buy until I get back to more of a normal weight!

Nell, I told Lucy and Moose about the sniffing incident, which still makes me chuckle (see Nell's blog for that story), and I was sorry to have to leave after only a couple of hours. I hope we'll see each other again soon. I'm hoping to be back in the Fall, so I'll let you know when I have a date set, and I'll be sure to come visit Nham- maybe we can go riding? Well, you can ride, and I'll cling like a spider monkey to the saddle! I'm hoping my joints and all the other many things that are wrong with me will be more settled by then.

It was such a joy to meet her- here are a couple of photos.









And here are some photos from the rest of the trip...


Buster, Dad #2's Labrador, in the Cotswolds.





Detail of a post at the Malvern Train Station, from Victorian times...


And here's a mailbox from the station. V R, stands for Queen Victoria. Current Mailboxes have E R, for Elizabeth...




The Tower of London...




And this is outside the church where Anne Boleyn and Kitty Howard (Henry VIII's wives, both beheaded) were laid to rest, as well as more than a thousand other remains were found under the floor of this church, and most were from executions at the tower.



My favorite bird at the falconry center we visited...



And this is me, holding a hawk. He weighs next to nothing!




More photos later. Including progress on the safari blanket of doom! I have a lot of catching up to do here, and a lot to catch y'all up on.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Great pictures. :)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Bertha said...

Hooray you're back! And I *love* that green shirt of yours in the first 2 photos!!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time - was wondering where you were! I dream of going to the UK.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Yey Annie!!

So glad you had a great trip. I'm looking forward to meeting again in the Autumn....

Nell x

4:27 AM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

Yay! I've missed your blog and am glad you're back! You and Nell are both looking fab in the pictures! Gorgeous girls!

Maybe when you're visiting the UK in the autumn you could manage a day or two up in bonny Scotland ???

Nic x

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time. Holding that hawk must have been awesome!!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

How fun! The pictures are awesome. :)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home