Friday, March 23, 2007

I did it!

Well, I did a couple of things. First, I finished the pinwheel blanket. I haven't blocked it yet, and I suspect it'll grow a bit when washed. It's meant to be a small blanket, good for the car seat or buggy, or stroller as the baby gets older.

(Click any of the photos to see a large version)

So, here's the blanket on the floor, all done-


Here's a close up of the stitches and edge. I ended up doing 3 rows of seed stitch, a yarn over row, two more seed rows, then bound off in seed stitch pattern.



I started a picot edge, but it looked a bit too bulky with the yarn, and because I was dreading the laborious process of a picot bind off, since it didn't look stellar, I just bound off in pattern...




Finally, here's a pic of it thrown onto the large leather chair I have... gives you an idea of the size.




Hey... did ya notice my orchids?? My friends Andy and Kelly (who are having one of the babies I am copiously knitting for- a boy!) gave this to me when we planted Adam's garden, back in September of '05, and it's blooming again!!





Speaking of Ad's garden, I had noticed some crocuses blooming by the back door, and was all excited for Spring. Then last week I got nearly another foot of snow!
But the snow has almost all melted now, and look! They're tough, aren't they?



And finally, during said snowstorm, my mailbox was knocked off the post. Today I finally managed to mount a new box on the post. I used Ad's drill, removed the damaged bracket and then put the new one on, but then the holes didn't line up for attaching the box, so I moved the bracket and drilled some new holes and then voila, it worked. I even had a couple guys in a truck yell, erm, endearments out the window. Apparently a woman with a power tool is a turn on to some people. Ha ha!!

Here's the mailbox. I also mounted that flag, but that was a while ago.




I know, it's not a huge deal, but I'm kind of proud of it.

So that's all for now!

11 Comments:

Blogger dancingnic said...

Well done Annie,

Your blanket looks fabulous! You must knit like the wind!

Good work with the power tools as well - i don't really trust myself with what are, in my hands, instruments of destruction - and have lots of respect for someone who goes for it!

Take care,

Nic x

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket looks fantastic! And go you with the power tool--you rock =D

7:19 PM  
Blogger brewerburns said...

I think the blanket looks really sweet. I'm also impressed with your use of power tools.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that pinwheel blanket! Now I want to knit it too.

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blanket! The edging looks fabulous.

Power tools? You're brave!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

Blanket looks ace, they're gonna love it!!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Beautiful blanket, gorgeous flowers and as for the mailbox, you go girl! Roar!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful blanket! Great work with the power tool, too. That's what I call talent.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Miri Mack said...

I think your edging turned out lovely on the pinwheel blanket. I think it looks much better like that than it would in a picot edge. Those orchids are yummy!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thanks, everyone!! I'm on disability and not working at the moment, so I have a lot of time for knitting. I tend to knit when I should be doing other things, like cleaning!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Lanea said...

It looks great--love the edging.

Isn't it wonderful to have things blooming again? My orchids are blooming too, and my bulbs are up. Ahhhhh. . .

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home