Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hand me Down Knits

I'm just back from a wonderful visit with my best friend, Lara, her husband Kevin and their baby, Sam. My mother and I went down for a week, and it was wonderful. I'm pretty exhausted, but it was totally worth it.

Here is a photo of Sam and I. Love this kid.




This is Lara and I with Sam. Lara has been mentioned several times in my blog. She is my best friend, more like a sister, really. She has saved my ass more times than I can count. She's an amazing person and a really stellar mom.


She also has a flatter stomach than I do. Which is wrong in so, so many ways!!

But wait! This is a knitting blog! So, when I went to visit I brought with me a bunch of hand-me downs from my friend April. Included was two hats I had knit for her son, Brady...

This is a doggie hat. When I saw the photos, I realized an end is poking through the hat. Which makes me want to ring Lara and have her tuck it back through, but I know she's a little
busy at the moment!



And finally, I had forgotten I knit Brady a Bunny Hat. Based on the Stitch n' Bitch pattern. Now Sam has it.



Here he is, ready to face a chilly day.


And this photo KILLS me. Makes me think of "A Christmas Story" and makes me want to make a matching outfit for it!





While I was there, I nearly completed the "Not Your Standard Issue Sweatshirt, Take Two"- but I ran out of yarn!
I'm just working on the hood, the last piece, and I thought I had one more skein, but I cannot find it anywhere, so I've ordered some more yarn. Ack.

Today I am going to work on Jemima. I've been working on this pattern with Jen, and she's now WAY ahead of me. I admit, I've put it off because I find the tubular cast-on SO fiddley.

And finally, will be starting work on a Mosaic project this week. Photos to come.

9 Comments:

Blogger Bertha said...

1. Good god, you are gorgeous.

2. I LOVE your shirt!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Well you just made my day!

I love that shirt, too. I bought it in London, at FCUK (the one right across from Harrods), a couple of years ago. It was SUCH a good deal, on sale at around 70% off.

Now I wish I'd bought every one they had in my size. It is so comfortable, and I love it. I will be very, very sad when that shirt is no more!

11:30 AM  
Blogger KelInCal said...

That is one adorable little guy! That bunny hat is too cute - and I agree with the Christmas Story comment!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Oh man that last picture....is it wrong that I'm laughing my ass off?

You, Sam, Brady, and Lara are beautiful!

3:27 PM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

You're looking fab annie! Really gorgeous, and I love the bunny hat too!

Good luck finding the yarn ..

Nic x

4:47 AM  
Blogger Jennie said...

AWWWW what a cutie. Those knit items are just perfect for him. :)

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute baby in cute hats!!! Hey, my BF's name is Lara too! You all look great!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Arianwen said...

looking forward to seeing your progress on the secret stole. Love the bunny hat I made a furry (sewn) bunny suit for a friend of mine very cute! ( well her baby actually! lol)

4:07 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

He is so cute! And those hats are fabulous. And you look just great, too!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home