Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mosaic Mania

I know this is more of a knitting and how fucked up I am kind of blog, but I've been doing a lot of glass work lately. I mean, a lot. I still have about ten things I need to photograph, and the photos aren't great, because it's been cold, wet, dark and rainy here. It's actually not bad out today, but everything outside is wet, so I don't want to bring anything out!

Here are my most recent projects, and most are for sale, so if you're interested in something, let me know. Also, there are details and pricing on my flickr site.

Now this one, I may have to keep. I love it, and there is no photo to do it justice. I'll be grouting it today.



Starting at white, and graduating to an almost black brown.



I'm going to be doing a whole series of these. Here is blue.





I really am happy with this, and suspect lots of friends and family will request one. This one I did in browns, but if you'd like one, I can do it in pretty much any color, or color combination, and they're $35. It's a dog leash holder!



This piece I am really happy with. It's a very large butterfly, perfect for a little girl's room, or for a butterfly lover. The body is black glass, with a green agate for the eye. Once the edges are painted, I'll be inserting wire antennae. At the edge of the body is a line of small amethyst, and the body is shades of pink, purple and pale blue, with a lot of iridescent pieces, mixed with stained glass, mirror, and larger pieces of rose quartz in each wing tip.










Can you tell I'm happy with this one?


This is another one that I just think is adorable. It's grouted, and I need to sand and paint the edges. It's a foot tall giraffe. This one was more work than I thought, but I'm very pleased with the result. The eyes are agate.


I'm working on a little elephant to go with him.


Here is a small dolphin, with agate eye





This is a piece I am very happy with it. With any ribbon pieces I sell, $5 will go to charity. This is a pink ribbon tea light holder. I can do the ribbons in any color you'd like, so let me know if you're interested in one of these. They can also be done as just a ribbon, with no candle.









There are more photos, and prices and details on the flickr site. I'm sorry if the mosaic stuff is boring for you all!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Josiane said...

The mosaic stuff is not boring at all! Your work is gorgeous, it is worth showing it! The piece you are keeping is beautiful; I love brown, so no wonder it caught my eye! The giraffe is absolutely lovely too.
Off topic, I just want to say that I hope you are doing ok...

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are sooooo talented! Each of those pieces are so beautiful!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy looking at your mosaic pieces. Know why? 'Cause this is your gift and you are a mother fuckin ARTIST.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Not boring at all - you know what I like best about the heart mosaic? The first thought that crossed my mind when I saw it was "broken heart' because it was in so many pieces. It's lovely.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Katie Collette said...

They're all so beautiful! I especially like the little giraffe though. He's a cutie.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Not at all boring! It's all breathtaking!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie!!! I must have one of the dog bone dog leash holders... I mean really! Email me. :)

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boring? NO WAY!

I especially love the one you're going to keep - the colors are beautiful. And I really love the reds in the heart, too. you do an amazing job!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get thee to a mommy website or something - that giraffe is TOO cute and would be perfect for a nursery.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! You have real talent there!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow. Just wow. Your glass work is incredible.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home