Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Bon Voyage!

Thanks to everyone, for your kind words and suggestions. In the end, I am bringing the Cash Iroha, to do a two-colored Danica for the Moose. I am bring 10 skeins of silky wool to start the Garter Stitch Wrap from Scarf Style.

I am also bringing the Bar Harbor Shell bag. I find the written pattern a little ambiguous at times, but the designer has been great about answering my questions.

I mentioned I knit a little of it the other night, after the nightmare. I have to say, this pattern is totally addictive. Like the entrelac crack (which only rhymes if you pronounce it incorrectly, as entre-lack, I know, but if the president of the USA can consistently mispronounce words, then so can I, damn it). So I am brining that along, too.




Oh, I'm bringing my neutral Lady E to France, where I will be sure to call it "on-tra-lock" which is, how I think it's supposed to be pronounced. I have no doubt a French person in the know will correct me if I'm wrong! ;)


So this is it for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to reading about what you all get up to in the coming weeks, when I'm back on the 18th.

Bye!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like great knitting for an even better trip. Bon fucking Voyage!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Have a safe trip!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Bertha said...

Yay! Have an awesome trip!!!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a fun and safe trip!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Josiane said...

Well, it's pretty hard to convey French pronunciation in writing without using the international phonetic alphabet, but the best approximation I can try would be something along the lines of an-truh-lack (or an-truh-la; the c may not be pronounced). Which is totally unimportant anyways, as anyone seeing your stole will simply be too impressed by its beauty and by the fact that you've made it yourself to be able to say anything about your pronunciation!
Enjoy your time away. I'm looking forward to reading about how you liked Normandy when you're back.
Amuse-toi bien!

12:20 AM  
Blogger T said...

Ooh, I can't find a comment I made, sorry I missed you and have a wonderful time. Yeah, the furniture is a bit unforgiving isn't it? We had a baby in a house with a big marble and cast iron table to crash into and a hard settee when we went, lol. Worth it though!

ENJOY!!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

Have a smashing time Annie! Take care x

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! You are bringing some seriously awesome projects :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger TrixieG said...

Bon voyage! I always hear that in my head the way Bugs Bunny says it. Looks like you've got some great projects for your trip. I hope you have a fabulous time and get lots of good sleep with no nightmares. Love the pic of you and your knitting today, btw!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Sara Kirby said...

Good luck on your trip! The knitting looks great!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

have a lovely trip, hope you bring pictures..:-)

7:10 PM  
Blogger Lanea said...

I hope you're having an amazing time!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home