2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap. Until there are kiddies again, then they'll be under the tree, unwrapped. When I was a kid they were unwrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I wish I was the sort of person who could get my shit together and be all Martha Stewarty with the holiday decor, but alas, I am not. I barely manage a wreath and some window candles...
5. When do you put your decorations up? When I remember, get around to it. Usually before Christmas. ;)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Every Christmas my dad gets an enormous Tenderloin of beef, throws it on the grill for a minute or two, then splits it open and stuffs it with blue cheese and butter, then ties it up and broils it. It's heaven.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Santa coming. My parents waited a really long time for my sister and I, and they wanted ten kids, so for Christmas, they went all sorts of crazy. Pretty much everything we asked for, we got. We'd wake up early and the rule was we had to wake mom and dad up first, and they'd check to make sure Santa had come. Dad would go down and every so often he'd pretend to catch Santa in the act and do two voices, or Mom would do Santa's voice... and sometimes dad would shake these bells and pretend it was the reindeer leaving... and my sister and I would go down and there would be a path to the tree and on one side my stuff and my sister's on the other. It was true insanity. And so, so cool. Once we didn't believe in Santa, that stopped! We still got good stuff, but not the total madness from back when they couldn't say "santa can't really afford that this year..."
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was playing hide and seek with my sister and went to hide inside a really big suitcase, full of gifts. I was devastated.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Oh yeah. It's a big debate every year, but we generally do.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? My parents have a ton of ornaments, from when they were kids (they've known each other since they were four) and then they bought my sister and I an ornament each year from when we were born until we were ten or so, so it's a lot of antique ornaments and white lights.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Both. It's a love/hate relationship. Love watching it fall. Love skiing on it. Hate shoveling or trying to walk in it!
12. Can you ice skate? Mmmm... not so much.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My late husband gave me my engagement ring on Christmas morning, in front of my family.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Tough one... those little Albanian powdered sugar cookies, or apple crisp.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening gifts. We go around and take turns opening them- it takes about 3 hours with coffee breaks!
17. What tops your tree? Angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, definately!!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? to sing would either be Carol of the Bells or O Holy Night.
20. Candy Canes...Maybe one a season!