Saturday, March 03, 2007

3 miles of Stockinette Stitch...

I'm knitting my first sweater. It's "Top Secret" from knitty. I'm using Rowan's Yorkshire Tweed Chunky in Flame. So far, so good. I think. Probably, when I'm done it'll be a complete mess, but so far I've got the body knit, one sleeve, and a quarter of the second sleeve. Joining the sleeves should be... interesting.
It's really hard to photograph this yarn, but here's one photo. It's quite thick and nubbly and is a deep merlot red with tweedy chunks of gray, bright red and the occasional fleck of orange...




Fingers crossed.



And in other knitting thoughts, I love Stitch Diva Studios- I love them. Usually, but what were they thinking with this?




Can this new design, "Goddess" look good on anyone? Because it's looking all sorts of wrong to me. I don't know if they put a too-big sample on this model, or if it's just a bad design... and why no photos of the back? I'm assuming it is backless...

I love this style, because I've nothing of a chest to speak of myself, but I really don't know about this particular design. Thoughts?

13 Comments:

Blogger dancingnic said...

Hmm, not sure about this top! It looks to me like the designer couldn't decide what style to go with! I mean, the neck is really cute but the way it is fitted at the waist looks like it would just look baggy rather than galmourous!

I know your pain :) I am also a 'woman of two backs' - but El Valiente assures me that when it comes to breasts, more than a handful is a waste!!!

Bring on the bra less revolution!

8:21 AM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

Obviously I meant glamourous! I KNEW it didn't look right :)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Woman of two backs! Bwahaha! I love you! Yeah, I'm very aerodynamically inclined...

The other thing with this top is how fitted it is at the stomach, because I love to show off my belly fat!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure your first sweater will be gorgeous!
As for the other top, it looks way to 80's for me. Bad memories!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Rowan is so pretty! I know it seems like the stockinette will never end, but you're so close! =)

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the Goddess top, either. =\ I'm not sure who could wear that because it looks way too drapey on the model's bust!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

The Goddess top ugly and that model is just way too skinny to be in every picture with the same hairdo and same creepy skinniness - even according to me.

Har.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about this top either. Being a chesty girl myself, I would fear falling out of it!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

Umm, I actually quite like it. Not in that colour though. And I don't think I'd knit it becsue I'm not sure where I'd wear it. Its so drapey that there must be a lot of knitting involved, and all that effort to never wear it. But yes, I think I like it.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I like it in theory... I love draped necklines, it's just that particular one looks really big and weirdly draped...hmmm...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I think it looks kind of odd that it is snug across her mid-section but so baggy at her chest.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Lanea said...

You know what's sad? As thin as the model is, that sweater is making her look like she has a bit of a belly. Imagine what it would do to the average woman . . .

11:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*w*o*w*, I fell in *luv* with this top. I have a classic hourglass shape with big boobs, so this would be a rare super-flattering find for me. I actually like the bit o' belly-bump -- a return to the 40's bombshell shapes? Like I said, nice to see a sleeveless top that I could actually look good in. The last 5 years, with their focus on skinny-strapped camis and backless laceup halters, have been a barren wasteland for me ...

~ hb33 ~

1:17 PM  
Blogger Miri Mack said...

I completely agree! And I loved how they describe it as being flattering to the figure. Sorry, but if you want me to buy that line it should at least look good on the model!

Usually love them though! The new stocking patterns are to die for.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home