Saturday, June 02, 2007

But the cat came back, the very next day...

the cat came back- they thought he was a goner, but the cat came back, he just couldn't stay a-way!

Do you remember that song/cartoon? Anyhow. I have a cat visitor, and he's fucking up my bird mojo. As seen here-



and here-




I nearly had to get out the hose when he had a go at one of my baby chipmunks, but I walked toward him and he ran away. He won't let me pet him, didn't show any interest in a saucer of milk, but looks well enough fed.
He'd just better leave my birds alone, if he knows what's good for him. I mean that had better not be the reason why he looks so well fed. Know what I'm saying?

Sometimes he hangs out under the outdoor table, or under my car-



And that's cool. But he'd better leave my wildlife alone. Tame life shalt not fuck with the wildlife.

Right. Thanks for reading, and as a thank you, here's a photo of a rose bush I just recently planted. Click on the photo to make it bigger.



7 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

I think that cat wants to be adopted.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I thought of that- I'm allergic, but I'd happily feed it and whatnot- but I can't get anywhere near it. I also don't live in an area with many stray animals, and based on it's condition, I think it's a neighbor's outdoor cat. But I'm keeping an eye on him!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Arrrugh. Was just out in the garden and nearly stepped in cat poo!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad kitty! Your roses are beautiful!

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to keep cats away from a certain area of your garden - for example near the bird feeders - get a used tea bag and put some orbas oil on it and then put the tea bags in the cat infested area. I haven't tried this myself but *apparently* it's meant to work wonders - I'm going to try it where some pesky neighbourhood cats have been digging up my seed beds. Grrrr....

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cat looks like my Charlie. Sorry he's wreaking havoc in your garden. :(

12:36 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I love my cats but I sure wouldn't want them to bother the birds...that is why I have indoor cats....

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home