Wednesday, December 12, 2007

6-10

So, it looks like I'm getting 6-10 inches tomorrow night. And not in a good way. A major storm is on its way, and we can expect to get quite a lot of snow, before the next storm, which is scheduled to hit on Saturday!

Thankfully, my friend Paul (thanks, Paul!) came by today with his sidekick Miss B, and he cleared away what had been 3 inches of ice on my drive, but thanks to today's warmer temps had turned to slush.

Have I mentioned how much it totally sucks being a single woman owning a home in New England during the fall and winter months? Ladies, give your husbands/significant others some tonight, just because I said so. And I'm always right. ;)


There have been some fantastic suggestions for the website name! One of the biggest problems is that most of the ones I really love are already taken! So the search continues, and in the meantime, it looks like I'll order up mynamemosaics.com. Just to have it, you know? In the meantime, it looks like I may be doing the website thing on my own, so it may be some time before that happens.

I am enjoying finishing up some holiday mosaic orders and some gifts, and have been fortunate to be spending time with friends more than usual lately. Depression and illness have turned me into something of a crazy shut-in, but I am working on it! I know, I have a lot of writing and reading to catch up on, and I'll be getting on that soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josiane said...

I owe you the email I promised you last week. Sorry about the delay; I too am having some catch up to do, and will be getting on that soon! I hope I can come up with something that will be both to your liking and available...
There are times like that (and I know perfectly well what it means to get all that snow!) when it is so wonderful to have good friends!
I hope you won't have too much trouble getting at least a little bit out of your shut-in mode, and will get to continue to enjoy spending some great time with your friends.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

stay safe and warm..
thinking of you.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Hey doll! I LOVE your mosaics. They're just gorgeous. I so want to learn how. I will definitely be a future customer. :)

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you given any thought to using foreign words that mean "glass" or "mosaic" or "pieces" and then adding that/those word(s) in front of mosaics.com? You might get something funky or jazzy. Maybe play around on Thesaurus.com and see what you come up with? You may have already done this; I have not read all of your posts thorougly.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home