Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Welcome to the world!


Samuel Asher was born today, and weighed in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces, 21 inches long. He's my best friend's son and I'm a very proud auntie- this is the baby for whom I have attempted the safari blanket of doom.

The Asher in his name is for my late husband, Adam. I'll be seeing him in person next week for the bris and I cannot wait! I feel like my heart is bursting with all this wonderful new life.

Other very close friends of mine, the best man at my wedding and his gorgeous wife also just had a son- no photo yet, but his name is James Adam.

Adam loved babies, and he would be so, so excited for these precious little new lives. And he'd have taught them all sorts of naughty words, what makes a decent motor, and all sorts of other lovely boy things. I'll do my best in his stead. Well, with the swearing, anyhow.

Life goes on, and sometimes it is so, so, joyful, isn't it?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little man! How touching the middle name is, what a lovely thing to do.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post!

I am sending a hug your way..

1:08 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

How adorable! He is going to love the blanket!

Love the middle neame idea too - what a great thing to do for Adam.

N x

4:34 AM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

It really says a lot for Adam that he has got little name sakes popping up everywhere. It's a lovely compliment!

I'm sure he'll LOVE the blanket!

Nic x

5:41 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I can't wait to meet him in person- and I can't wait to get some proper photos of James Adam!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

He is adorable...

9:27 AM  
Blogger Bertha said...

He is beautiful!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very sweet! Love that Adam is being remembered in that way by your friends.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Lanea said...

What a cutie. I'm sure the other new babe is adorable too. Congratulate their parents.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, he's beautiful! Makes me want to have another one. Well, not really. :0)
Awesome name!

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home