Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Here is progress on Jemima...I have the front and back and one sleeve done. I wanted to bring it to the seaming class, but didn't have the sleeve completed yesterday.



What I did bring was the Big Digger Sweater, by Lucinda Guy. I seamed the shoulders in the class, and I think it came out really well.



And here is a detail of the seam...



And finally another Pinwheel in Progress, using Nature Cotton





And now some Mosaic work. This is, perhaps obviously, for the Moose.



And this is for my sister-in-law, a small mirror I'll be bringing over.




Here is a detail. I think one of the pieces looks a bit like a dolphin.


So that's it for the moment. The Moose herself is on her way up to visit me, and we're going to have a nice couple of girly, sister, bonding days. Which shall commence this evening, when we get pissed and watch "Snakes on a Plane."

Rock.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such cool WIPs! What did you decide to do with your sister's sweater? Have a great time with her!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome wips! The mosaic work is fabulous.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Josiane said...

I can see the dolphin! And I can see a big digger in my future... my nephew would *love* it! Yours looks great.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous mosaic work! Is it pricey as a hobby? I've always wanted to try it but am don't need another pricey hobby. :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

The moose is amazing!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I like how your projects span different media!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Thanks, everyone! Mosaic can be very expensive. I've probably spent around $600 getting glass and other supplies... But it's wonderful, and now I'm selling some pieces, so that's cool. And I love it.

As for Moose's sweater, I'm going to re-knit it in size small, to account for stretch. Pain in the ass, but needs to be done. It'll be ok. I guess I learned that I should do larger swatches. I think my swatch was too small to really show off the stretch factor. It's a heavy yarn, but I love it!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you've really done some beautiful work there. I imagine purchasing the stained glass and other mosaic goodies is a lot like purchasing yarn. You may not know exactly what you'll do with it when you buy it, but you simply MUST HAVE IT.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Your seams look great! I love the mosaics you're working on, too. I'm impressed that you can keep up with both crafts, and do so well with both. Enjoy your sister and mocking Snakes on a Plance (haven't seen it, but it seems that mocking is the general response!)

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home