Monday, September 24, 2007

Blue & Pink

My in-laws asked for a mirror that would remind them of Cape Cod.


(click on photos for more detailed view)



The stones around the center are sea glass. The rest are shades of blue and grey, with a little white and some cut mirror.





The next one is for my friend April's new baby girl, Hannah.


The center is clear and rose quartz, with white and pink sea glass.


These just need grouting, which will happen tomorrow, along with the frog and other projects.





Thanks to everyone for your nice words. No worries, I'll never be traditionally normal. I've always been a little too crazy for that!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

These really are beautiful! Where did you go to take a class in this?

7:03 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

So lovely!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Really truly beautiful!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Bertha said...

God, I really love seeing these mosaics...they are all so very gorgeous.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Josiane said...

Those are lovely! I think that's a wonderful gift idea for your friend's baby.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Briana E. said...

Lovely! I love them both, there is something about that pink one though, so pretty.

10:24 PM  
Blogger KelInCal said...

Those are SO gorgeous!

11:34 PM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

Hey Annie!
I would buy a frog if you were to start making / selling them!

NOthing wrong with taking pics of posh loos. I have done it myself! There is a very cool bar in London - right at the top of a hotel where all the individual loos have windows overlooking the city. (Can't remember the name offhand - it was a long time ago.) Anyway the only problen there is you spend half the night sitting in there looking out over the metropolis instead of having fun with the pals :)

4:46 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

You're so generous - looking at those two together, I'd want to keep them both for me. Lovely, lovely work, Annie!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between the mirror you made for R and these I think I may have to give mosaic work a try. Not that I need a new hobby or anything but those are really beaautiful (and would make great Christmas gifts). What do you use as a base? Is it a prebought mirror?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Arianwen said...

They are beautiful. I bet you get lots of people wanting one.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home