Saturday, September 22, 2007

Done, Done, Nearly Done...

Moose has gone home, and we had a wonderful time. We never get to spend enough girl time together.

So I have several very nearly done things. to share with you.

First, I had a quick crochet lesson at a LYS the other day, and here are the crocheted ends of my Lady E. It's not single crochet... I'm not really sure what kind it was, but the result looks ok, I think.





Now I just need to figure out the crazy-ass fringe of a million knots. I don't expect that will go too well, but fingers crossed.


Secondly, I finished another Pinwheel Blanket.




Pattern- Pinwheel Blanket

Yarn- Araucania Patagonia Nature Cotton, Color 201, 3+ skeins

Needles- Denise Interchangeable, Size 9.

This just needs some ends woven in, and blocking.



Then we have Jemima. I bought a couple options for the placket. Here they are, on the grey sweater. As much as I LOVE that green, I'm thinking white will be the way to go. Thoughts?




Then onto Mosaics...

Lucy's mirror is done, just needs grouting.




And while Moose was here, she gave it a go, making Ben's name in red, yellow and blue, while I did this... which also needs grouting.




And, finally,Holly sent me some gorgeous sock yarn!

First, some knitpicks, to get myself going.



And then, some Fearless Fibers, in a really stunning green. I can't wait to try this yarn!










Thank you again, Holly. It's always nice to get something in the mail that doesn't include an invoice!


So that's all for now. Plugging away at Jemima's last sleeve, and, come to think of it, really need to do the sleeves on Ben's sweater!

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been so busy! I love your Lady E--the crochet looks great :)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Josiane said...

What a cool frog! It really looks great! Your crochet looks awesome too. I'm having a bit of trouble imagining Jemima with a contrasting placket (I should go have a look on Ravelry, there are certainly a few...), so I can't be of much help regarding the color choice. But I'm curious to see how it will turn out!

5:30 PM  
Blogger KelInCal said...

That frog is so freakin' awesome! I've never wanted to try that more than I do right now!

I like the yarn you used for the pinwheel blanket - it's so pretty. I'm lovin' the green for Jemima, but I'm not exactly sure where it's going to go, so don't listen to me. :D

6:03 PM  
Blogger dancingnic said...

The frog is fabulous! It looks so cheery!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Bertha said...

While I think that shade of green would look awesome as a full sweater, I think it will be too sharp a contrast with the color of Jemima. I think I would go with white!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love the close-up of your pinwheel blanket - all those light blues look so peaceful together. And I adore your mosaic projects - I can't wait to see this mirror finished.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Katie Collette said...

I vote for white too and your frog is just amazing! I love the mirror too!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the frog - it's ADORABLE!

I'd go with white and grey instead of the green. As lovely as the green is, it makes the grey look a little muddy (that may just be my monitor). The contrast with the white is, IMO, better looking.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I think the white will look best with the grey, though I really love that green too.

Your crochet edge looks great. I'm about 3 tiers away from being finished with the body of my Lady E. I hope my crochet edge looks as nice as yours (I don't crotchet either).

Love the frog!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely WIPs! Glad you had a great time together!

2:51 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

That frog is adorable! I like the green yarn for Jemima, but it's so hard to know when you're seeing it on a computer screen - I'd just trust your instincts. The pinwheel blanket is so cute. I really need to make one of those - did you like the Aracunia cotton? I've heard it's very nice. I don't know anything about crochet, but the edge of your Lady E looks great to me!

8:19 AM  
Blogger T said...

Ooh, that frog is wonderful!

The white on your Jemima will be great. I was too stupid to buy a contrast colour for my plackets, don't know what happened there.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home